National Arbor Day
The Village of Menomonee Falls' Arbor Day Celebration is taking place on Friday, May 5, 2017 at John Taylor Park at 10:00 AM. Those in attendance receive a free tree seedling to plant on their property as supplies last.
Please join in as we celebrate Arbor Day with a proclamation and tree planting.
Tree City Status Award
The Village of Menomonee Falls has received the Tree City Status Award since the year 2000 from the National Arbor Day Foundation.
Tree Growth Award
For the first time in 2010, the Village of Menomonee Falls has received the Tree Growth Award from the National Arbor Day Foundation. The Village earned the Tree Growth Award for the years 2010-2013.
To earn the Tree Growth Award, the Village of Menomonee Falls accumulated points by accomplishing new projects and programs in the following four areas:
- Education and Public Relations
- Planning and Management
- Tree Planting & Maintenance
Top 10 Reasons to Plant a Tree
- For their Beauty that marks the changes of seasons
- Trees help people who are sick feel better
- Trees provide shade for relaxation
- The wood from trees produces products such as medicine, bats, paper, etc.
- Trees help us conserve energy with their shade
- Trees create homes for wildlife
- Trees prevent erosion
- Trees produce fruit
- Trees clean pollution from the air
And the number 1 reason to Plant a Tree
- Trees Give us Oxygen to Breathe